Monday, September 4, 2017

Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.



If you follow me on instagram you would have seen I was trying to make a sugar free chocolate chip cookie.  The first cookies I made were just ok and I was not very thrilled they ended up at being 5 weight watchers points.

So back to the kitchen I went.  The second time around I decided to start with Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake mix.  Added a few more ingredients and I have a better cookie this time.


They are a cake like cookie, not a chewy cookie but that is probably because I substituted unsweetened applesauce for oil.  If you would prefer a more chewy traditional chocolate chip cookie and use the oil instead of apple sauce they will be 3 weight watchers points.  Next time I bake them I am going to try the oil and see if the extra point is worth the chewier cookie.

Things are getting busy around here.  The wedding is approaching fast... only 48 days to go.  Amanda has been having bridal showers.  Cally and my Aunt Teresa had a shower for our side of the family and Amanda's sisters had a shower this past weekend that we attended for her family.

The Jones/Sweeney/Sowards Shower:


Amanda, Cally and I 


Amanda with Grandma Jones and Grandma Sowards


Billy and Amanda

The Watton Shower:


Amanda, Inge (mom) and I 


Amanda and her bridesmaids 

Ashley, Cally, Erica, Rebecca
Erin, Amanda and Emily

We are still working around the house getting things all spruced up for the rehearsal dinner that we will be hosting on Friday night.  This past weekend Bill and I traveled to Cincinnati for an overnight stay and a day away for the long weekend.


We went to visit a friend that we grew up with.  Joe now has a BBQ restaurant that is serving lunch and dinner on Fridays.  Bill and I had a pulled pork sandwich with Joe's homemade BBQ sauce and it was outstanding!! (click her to go to Webb's BBQ facebook page)


If you find yourself in Newport, KY stop in at Webb's BBQ!  Webb's BBQ 115 E. 9th St., Newport, KY  He is open Fridays for lunch and dinner.  Tell Joe that Nina and Bill sent you and he may tell you some secrets on us growing up :)  Bill and I are so excited that Joe is going to do our smoked meat for the rehearsal dinner!  I can not wait to have me another pulled pork sandwich!


This picture was taken out our hotel window in Newport on the river looking at Cincinnati


Here is a picture taken out our window at night 


In this picture I am laying on the bed and took a picture.  We slept with the curtains open so that we could see the skyline during the night.  This was the best hotel ever!!!



Sugar Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Nina
2 weight watchers points

Pillsbury Sugar Free Yellow Cake mix
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup egg beaters
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons vanilla
4 ounces Hershey sugar free chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Mix everything together except the chocolate chips.  After well combined stir in the chocolate chips.

Scoop cookies with cookie scoop onto baking sheet covered with parchment paper.  For each cookie to be 2 points you need to bake 30 cookies.

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.  Mine were perfect after 10 minutes.