Sunday, April 3, 2016

French Vanilla Cinnamon Roll Cake


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.


I love Cinnamon Rolls but hate to make them.  The part I hate is working with yeast and the rising of the dough.  But it could be too I hate the time that it takes to make cinnamon rolls.  Wait no more for the awesome taste of a cinnamon roll when you make this French Vanilla Cinnamon Roll Cake.




The cake was mixed up and in the oven in no time.  We had this cake for our Easter breakfast but I actually liked the cake better later on in the day.  The really nice part of this cake is that it starts with a box cake mix!  I have seen others that use a yellow cake mix but I prefer a white cake mix.  Even better was when I bought the French Vanilla Cake mix.  I think the vanilla took this cake over the top good! but..... it could also be the cup of sour cream that I added to the cake...YUMMY


We ate the cake pretty much right out of the oven.  It was nice and warm and gooey just like a fresh cinnamon roll out of the oven.  I like my cinnamon rolls warm and gooey.


If I closed my eyes and you put a bite in my mouth I would have guessed I was eating a cinnamon roll.  The icing did gather some on the top just like a cinnamon roll would but some did sink down into the cake and made it a sweet gooey cinnamony taste down inside.


So if you are like me and love cinnamon rolls but do not like working with yeast or have the time to wait for your cinnamon rolls this French Vanilla Cinnamon Roll Cake a try.

French Vanilla Cinnamon Cake 

cake:
1 French Vanilla box cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cup oil
1 cup sour cream

Topping:
1 cup melted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon vanilla

Icing:
2 cups powdered sugar
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon vanilla

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

mix the cake ingredients in a large bowl with mixer until well combined.

Pour cake mixture into a greased 9 x 13 baking dish, set aside

Melt the butter  in the microwave and then add the topping ingredients to the butter stirring until all are combined.

Pour the melted cinnamon topping over top of the cake.  With a knife swirl the cinnamon mixture down into the cake.

Bake cake in a 350 degree oven for 30 to 40 minutes.

Mix icing ingredients until well combined and pour over the warm cinnamon roll cake.  If you need too with a spatula spread the icing around to make sure the whole top of the cake is covered with this ooey gooey yummy icing... enjoy!