Sunday, January 10, 2016

Chocolate Spoons


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

This weekend I made Chocolate Spoons for my friend Dawn, who is also my neighbor.  Her grandson had a birthday party today.



Today was a terrific day for hot chocolate with chocolate spoons!  Winter has decided to pay us a visit.  I am not too happy about this as I was liking our unusually warm weather for Ohio.
This is what it looked like when I opened the sliding door blind this morning



Here is a picture down the road some from our house.  Bill took me to breakfast and to the grocery store today since the roads seemed like they were going to be slick.


The temperature outside as I do my post is 17 degrees and it is snowing again.  I really should not complain too bad, it is January in Ohio.


In the above pictures you see the mess I made with my sprinkles.  I was looking for a multi colored ball sprinkle that was on the top shelf of my cabinet.  Well I found them when they fell out and went all over my stove top...ugh!  I may have said a few bad words when this happened...oops

You can also see the Wilton mold that I used to make the spoons.  They are not difficult to do just a little time consuming.  You also have to be careful removing them from the mold.  There are 8 spoon shapes in the mold and only 1 time was I able to remove all 8 spoons.  Most of the time I broke at least 2 of the spoon handles trying to remove them from the mold.  That was an easy fix though, just melted the chocolate back down and tried again :)

What I found to be the easiest way to fill the molds (because the handle cavity is pretty narrow) was to melt my chocolate in the microwave then pour it into squeeze bottles to fill the molds.


After filling I place the mold in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes.  Take them out of the freezer and remove them from the mold.


I let them set until they reach room temperature and then I do the sprinkle decorating.  For the sprinkles I melt a little more chocolate and place it back in the squeeze bottle.  I drizzle the melted chocolate back and forth on the spoon then sprinkle with assorted sprinkles.  I did not put them back in the freezer, I just laid them on parchment paper to let the drizzled chocolate harden up.


Chocolate Spoons

Chocolate Candy Melts
Sprinkles
Candy Mold
Squeeze bottle

Place chocolate in a glass bowl and microwave in 1 minute intervals stirring each time.  Mine was melted after 2 minutes with a stir in between.

Pour chocolate into a squeeze bottle and fill mold.  Put mold in the freezer for 10 to 15 minutes or until chocolate is hard.

Take spoons out of the mold (carefully) and set on parchment paper.  Let them come to room temperature before adding sprinkles.

for sprinkles, melt additional chocolate and place in squeeze bottle.  Drizzle chocolate over spoons and sprinkle with assorted sprinkles.  Let the drizzled chocolate harden before storing.