Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Slow Cooker Roast Beef


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.



I have probably said this before but I will say it again..... I love using my slow cooker!  Especially with recipes like this one.  This morning I put my roast and carrots into the slow cooker and 8 hours later my meat and veggies were done.  I only had to make mashed potatoes and thicken up the broth out of the slow cooker to make my gravy.

I put an ingredient in the slow cooker that I have not used with a roast before and holy cow it sure did season this roast up perfectly!  It was a package of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion and Mushroom recipe soup and dip mix.  Wow now that was a mouth full.  I thought the taste was close to the roast dinner I have had at Bob Evan's before.

As I promised in the last post I will again throw in some of my vacation pictures from Myrtle Beach. Today was my first day back to work and oh how I wish I would have woke up to my ocean front view this morning.


Here is Cally getting crashed by a wave.  She was braver than I.  I was afraid of the sharks!


Here is a picture of the fisherman on the 2nd street Pier


This is a picture of the shore line from the 2nd Street Pier


Here are my favorite Hush Puppies in the whole world.  We drive special up to Calabash, NC for our Calabash seafood and Hush Puppies.  These are from Captain Nance Seafood Restaurant


In this picture Bill and Cally are being crashed by waves


In this picture if you look really close you will see a man who caught a shark.  Yes a shark in the same place Bill had been swimming.  We saw him fighting it from our balcony so Bill went running down to take a look.  Bill said it was about 4 feet long.  The fisherman told Bill he lost 2 monsters earlier that morning.  Needless to say I am pretty sure I may never get in the ocean again.


Here is a shell that Cally found.  This is the biggest shell we have ever found while on the beach.


Slow Cooker Roast Beef

1 beef roast  ( I used Chuck Shoulder English Roast 1.93 pounds)
1 package Lipton Onion Mushroom Soup
3 cups beef broth
carrots 
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon salt

Put skillet on stove over medium heat and melt the butter.

On a paper plate mix together the flour, garlic powder, black pepper and salt.  Dredge the roast on both sides.  Place roast in skillet and brown roast on both sides.

Place roast into slow cooker and sprinkle the roast with the Lipton soup.  Place the carrots all around the roast.  Pour the beef broth over the roast and cook on low for 8 hours.

If you wish to make gravy to go with your roast beef dinner, take the roast beef and carrots out of the slow cooker and keep warm.  Pour the broth out of the slow cooker into a sauce pan and place on the stove until it comes to a boil.  Stir in some water/flour mixture to thicken the broth to gravy.  ( I used about 1/2 cups water and 2 tablespoons of flour)