Saturday, June 13, 2015

Texas Cheesy Garlic Toast Breakfast Sandwich


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

Oh wow the Texas Cheesy Garlic Toast combined with egg, sausage and cheese was amazing. Cally did not think garlic and eggs sounded good so she used regular bread.
I on the other hand thought it sounded like a good combination of flavors and oh I was right!  I love garlic bread even by itself but add other goodies to it and I am game.

The sandwich was super easy to make, which is a plus too.  I baked it all in the oven which was nice to throw it in the oven and be done, no standing over the stove cooking.

For the eggs I mixed up 4 eggs, a splash of milk, salt and pepper.  I sprayed a square Corningware dish with non-stick spray and poured the eggs into dish.  I then sprinkled in the sausage and shredded cheese.

I baked the Texas Toast according to package directions and I baked the eggs at the same temperature (425 degrees) as the toast so that I could have it in the oven at the same time.  The bread baked for 8 minutes and the eggs took about 12 minutes. The eggs could take a little less or a little more depending on the size of your baking dish.

When the toast was done baking, I stirred my eggs up.  This way it pulled the edges away that were already cooked and helped to bake the middle of the dish a little better because it is the last section to be done and I did not want the edges to be over cooked waiting on the middle to be set.

Texas Cheesy Garlic Toast Breakfast Sandwich

4 slices Texas Garlic Toast
4 eggs
1/8 cup milk
salt and pepper
1/2 Cup shredded Velveeta  cheese
3/4 Cup Jimmy Dean Sausage crumbles (fully cooked)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Mix eggs, milk, salt and pepper until combined.  Pour into a greased square baking pan.  Stir the sausage into the egg mixture.  Sprinkle the cheese over top.

Place Texas Toast on a baking sheet.

Place Texas Toast and the eggs in the oven

Bake Texas Toast 8 to 10 minutes

When removing Texas Toast from the oven give the eggs a stir to pull the baked eggs away from the sides of the baking dish.  Continue to bake the eggs until they are done.  Mine took an additional 4 minutes.

I used Cheesy Garlic Toast so to assemble I place the bottom slice with the cheese side up.  Slice a piece of egg/sausage bake and place on top of bottom slice.  I placed the top slice with the cheese side up (facing outward) but you can really place the cheese slice of the toast whichever way you want.