Sunday, May 12, 2013

Beer Battered Grilled Ham, Bacon and Cheese Sandwich


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum 

Happy Mothers Day.  I had a terrific day today, just wish the weather would have been better.  Here it is May and we have a fire going in the stove tonight.  I do not think we have ever had a fire this late in the spring.  This morning Cally made me egg in the hole for breakfast...oh boy I love those things.  Both of the kids had to work today.  But I was able to spend yesterday with Billy and this evening with Cally.  I am going to be a lucky Momma next weekend as both of the kids will be home.

This is my new favorite grilled cheese.  The beer battered outside grilled up real nice and toasty.  The outside of the sandwich was a little sweet tasting.  It reminded me of french toast grilled cheese but I did not add any sugar so I am guessing it was the beer that made it taste that way.

Beer Battered Grilled Ham, Bacon and Cheese Sandwich
adapted from bettycrocker.com

8 slices Bacon
8 slices rustic bread
8 slices provolone cheese
8 slices cheddar cheese
1/2 pound deli ham
1 egg
3/4 C beer
1/4 C flour

Cook bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.  Mix together the egg, beer and flour.  Heat griddle or skillet on medium high heat and coat with butter.  Take a slices of bread and dip one side into the beer mixture.  Place on griddle beer mixture side down and then layer cheddar cheese, 2 slices of bacon, ham and then provolone cheese take another slices of bread and dip one side into the beer mixture and place it on top of the provolone cheese with the beer mixture side up.  Do this with the remaining sandwiches.  Grill on each side of the sandwich until nice and toasty and cheese is melted.