Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Strawberry Orange Creme Smoothie


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
Yum

I went to the Gooseberry Patch blog today to link up to the blog hop and this week the recipes that they are looking for are blogs posts for Smoothies.  I have never made a smoothie so my brain got to turning and this is what I came up with.  Strawberry Orange Creme Smoothie.

When I was little we use to get Orange Julius drinks at the mall.  If I remember right they seem like they must have been an Orange Smoothie.  So that is where I started.  I knew I wanted orange juice in my smoothie.  Then it seems like most smoothies have some kind of berry in them.  I had strawberries in the fridge.  The way the orange creme came about is I was asking my friend Amy L (Hi Amy) what I should use in my smoothie, I thought milk but Amy had a better idea.  She says when she makes smoothies she uses yogurt.  Oh that sounded so good and I love Yoplait Orange Creme yogurt.  


 Strawberry Orange Creme Smoothie

1/2 lb strawberries
2 C Orange Juice
1 Sugar 
1 Tbsp honey
juice of 1 lemon
6 oz Yoplait Orange Creme yogurt
1/2 C milk

Put strawberries, orange juice, splenda blend, honey and lemon juice in a blender and blend until strawberries are chopped and everything is well mixed.  Pour the juice mixture into ice cube trays and place in freezer until frozen.

Put the frozen fruit cubes, yogurt and milk into blender and blend until smooth.

This recipe is entered in the Gooseberry Patch blog hop