Friday, August 3, 2012

Peach BBQ Pork Tenderloin----Blue Ribbon Winner


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.
This was my Blue Ribbon Winner at the fair this year.  I usually use this rub and bbq sauce on my ribs.  I actually set out to the store to buy ribs to enter in the pork dish of the day contest.  After seeing the price of baby back ribs I decided to try this recipe on a pork tenderloin.  Oh that was a great decision to make.  After putting the rub on the meat the night before and letting it sit in the fridge overnight the tenderloin smelled awesome the next morning.



I fixed mine for the fair in the crock pot.  It was tender and really moist.  I fixed it again yesterday but this time baked it in the oven instead and it was still just as tender and moist.  It did make the house smell good when it was in the crock pot all day...yummy



Peach BBQ Pork Tenderloin

Pork Tenderloin

The night before mix together the pork rub.  Trim off any fat on the tenderloin.  Rub the tenderloin with the pork rub.  Wrap in foil and place in the refrigerator overnight. (I used about half of the rub but use as much as you desire, my left over rub I sprinkled on pork chops after I placed them on the grill and they were really tender and had a good flavor to them)

Pork Rub


3T brown sugar
1 1/2 T smoked paprika
1T hickory smoked salt
1 1/2T black pepper
1t garlic powder
2T herbs of Provence

Mix all together and rub on tenderloin.  Wrap in foil and put in refrigerator overnight

Next day, Place tenderloin in crock pot and cover with half of the Peach BBQ Sauce.  Cook on low for about 5 hours. Or bake in 350 degree oven for 45 to 60 minutes.

Peach BBQ Sauce

4  3.5 oz Peach Baby food
1/3 C ketchup
1/3 C red wine vinegar
2T soy sauce
1/2 C brown sugar
1/2 t garlic powder
2 t ground ginger
1 t cinnamon
1 t salt
1 to 2 t liquid smoke

Mix all together

If desired before serving may be grilled out on the grill for a more smokey taste.