Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Lemon Bars


AFFILIATE NOTICE


This blog participates in various forms of advertising,including affiliate marketing. Thank you for your support.

These Lemon Bars were made by Cally.  She was wanting to make something for Bill and I gave her the idea that I was wanting some Lemon Bars.

Cally took 2nd place in the Lemon Bar competition at the fair a few years ago.  I could not find the recipe she used but we did find this one on Lick the Bowl Good.  I really like them but Billy thinks they are a little sour.  I think they might be a little tart.  But I like tart lemon flavor.  The strong lemon taste comes for using the juice from 6 fresh lemons.


Cally used my antique juicer that was given to me by my Mom, it was originally my Grandma Sweeney's.  When the kids were little they would have fun making their own orange juice.  They loved getting oranges from their grandparent's from Florida so they could make juice.

This senior year of Cally's is flying by.  We are taking pictures, having dress fittings for prom and trying to get things ready and done for graduation.  She also got some exciting news yesterday .....  Cally was voted onto Prom Court.  This is the first time she has been voted onto any of the dance courts.  Cally is walking on cloud 9.  I am so proud of her.  Stay tuned as you know I will be posting pictures as Prom gets closer.

Lemon Bars
adapted from Lick the Bowl Good

for the crust:

3/4 lb butter, at room temperature
3/4 C granulated sugar
3 C flour
1/4 t salt

for the filling:

6 large eggs
3 C granulated sugar
1 C fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 C flour
confectioners' sugar for dusting

Butter a 9 X 13 baking pan, then line the baking pan with parchment paper.  This is optional but will allow the bars to come out of the pan easier.

for the crust:

cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy in an electric mixer.  Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter mixture just until mixed.

Press the dough into the bottom of the baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes.

for the filling:

whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and flour.  Pour over the baked crust and bake for 35 to 45 minutes, until the filling is set.  Let cool to room temperature.  Cut into squares and dust with confectioners' sugar.